Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have an onan 5500 generator and it was workinf perfectly until out of knowhere it

Customer Question
hello I have an onan 5500...
hello
I have an onan 5500 generator and it was workinf perfectly until out of knowhere it just quit. the problem is the carburater is getting to much fuel it just poors out of it as i try and start it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
hello i paid my $18 and lost my signal
I was speaking with Frank
Can you please tell me why as soon as I paid my money i have lost all connection
7/28/2015
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician
It sounds like the float or float valve is stuck which is allowing fuel to flow through the carburetor when it should not be.You will need to remove the carburetor, cleaned and probably rebuild it with a new repair kit.I believe that this will take care of your fuel problem.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Thank you for choosing justanswer.comPlease take a moment to rate your experience
JohnF2015
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician