Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Simplicity 27 HP Legacy XL which is losing power when

Customer Question

I have a Simplicity 27 HP Legacy XL which is losing power when it gets hot or is cutting and going uphill. I have used the choke to keep it running but that is not working well anymore. It has gas and oil.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! This is Kohler twin engine? I would run a cylinder test. Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one spark plug wire at a time. If engine dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark and compression. These engines run good on only one cylinder, but lack power! If no spark, the coil is bad. And Kohler recommends replacing both coils at same time!