Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

John deer lx277 has 17 hp k motor has no spark at times then

Customer Question

John deer lx277 has 17 hp k motor has no spark at times then let it set the. It gets spark starts again. Been doing this all year has spark n starts next time you go to start no spark
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Engine uses no igniter, only the coils and the magnet make the spark. If it looses spark on both cylinders, the only related part is the oil pressure switch. Get it so when it quits you can remove the kill wire going to each coil.then when it quits, remove the kill wire, if it starts and runs, there has to be an outside source killing the spark. Oil pressure switch would be my thought. If you have no spark with the kill wire removed, replace the coils!