JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I HAVE A 1973 SIMPLICITY 19 H.P. TRACTOR IT WILL NOT GO IN

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1973 SIMPLICITY 19 H.P. TRACTOR IT WILL NOT GO IN FOR OR REV 3 POINT HITCH DOES GO UP . THE MOTOR ONAN 19 H.P. RUNS PERFECT . BOTH DRIVE SHAFTS ARE TURING . THE TRANS IS HYDRO STATIC AUTO .THE ELECTRIC MAGNET CLUTCH IS ENGAGING. THE BOLT ON THE INPUT SHAFT COME OUT I REPLACE IT WITH A NEW BOLT & LOCKETITE. THE BOLT WAS SHAFT GOING IN TO HYDRO TANK . THANKS BILL XXXXXXXXXX
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Can you provide the model and serial number of your machine so that we can better assist you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the tractor is not at my inter net connection.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
I had this happen on a machine several years ago. On that machine the shift lever had actually come out of the slot inside the transmission and would not physically shift the transmission. Unfortunate for me was the tractor was stuck in forward and could not be shifted to neutral or reverse.