Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a mid 90's gas powered golf cart (club car). I just

Customer Question

I have a mid 90's gas powered golf cart (club car). I just put a new carb, filters, fuel pump, etc. on it & it ran great for about three hours. I parked it, & went to start it an hour later & the fly wheel won't turn. Is the engine seized or is possibly something else?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Do you smell fuel in or around the unit? Try taking the spark plug out and spinning the engine with the plug out. I am wondering if the carburetor is leaking fuel past it which would cause a hydraulic lock in the engine. Be careful when you first start turning the engine over with the plug out because if I am right you are going to get fuel blown out of the spark plug hole. Also if this is a four cycle be sure to check the oil to make sure that you don't have fuel into the crankcase.