Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My kohler runs 15 20 mins and dies check fuel line fuel lines

Customer Question

my kohler runs 15 20 mins and dies check fuel line fuel lines and fuel pump because pull choke out and some times comes out of it 1641 cub cadet
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have a 1641 cub cadet with a Kohler engine. It will run for about 15-20 minutes, then it dies. Sometime it will come out of it by pulling the choke out, but only for a short time before having to do it again. Vented the gas cap, changed fuel and air filters, blew out the fuel line, took fuel pump apart to see if anything visible, and disconnected solenoid at bottom of carburetor which it then would not start until I plugged it back in. Looking for thought as to what might be the cause and how to fix it? Thank you
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
The most likely problem is that the carburetor is partially restricted or plugged. It will need to be cleaned and rebuilt with a complete carburetor repair kit. Some of the small passages are restricted. Also make sure that you are using ver FRESH gasoline as old gas will cause problems as well.Also use 89 octane gas as many time regular 87 octane gas cwn care problems with the running of the engine like you are describing. It can cause a VAPOR-LOCK.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to contact me here again if you need more information.