Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a McCulloch 42" rider. 20 HP. Mod M20 42T. Mod 280820.

Customer Question

I have a McCulloch 42" rider. 20 HP. Mod M20 42T. Mod 280820. The transaxle is leaking gear oil onto the tire. The manual says let a dealer fix it cause it has oil for the life of the mower. I got the oil seal out and tried getting oil passed the bearing w/ little luck. A new trans axle maybe $500 not worth that to me. I'm wondering if I take the gas tank out I can get access to get the oil in. I managed to get another oil seal ring.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will u still answer, when I don't want the subscription. You did not force the issue last time I asked. If I can't by pass then cancel the Q and give back the $5
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Too late I fixed it. I will give u the answer for $16. You won't figure it.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Customer fixed problem without any help from just answer expert. He didn't have time to wait for an answer or help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I won't get charged the $5?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
I will check into that. I don't handle that part of the system. You should not be charged based on what information that i can see and the fact that you did not receive a reply from anyone prior to your having the problem solved yourself. Thanks