Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Yamaha EDL4700S diesel engined generator. Engine starts

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha EDL4700S diesel engined generator. Engine starts but doesn't build up to full load revs and isn't generating power. What should I heck for?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
First you need to fix the engine rpm issue, once this is done the power issue will most likely fix itself. I would look at the fuel system, you may have air in the fuel lines or system which would cause the engine to not run properly. This is the first thing that I would look at.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
John, thanks for the reply. I'm afraid it's a little more than the fuel supply to the engine. Yesterday I stripped off the side and end panels of the sound proofing box so that I could get sight of the generator etc to discover that there had been a short in the control wiring and a number of the wires were burnt and, in some places fused together. My thinking now is that I must replace this visibly damaged before looking for other problems. Can I come back to you when I have done this if I'm still having problems? Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that you have other problems here. Obviously you will want to get this damage repaired before you can go any further, however once you get this damage repaired your other problems may go away.Yes, certainly you can. Once you get this damage taken care of if you still need additional help feel free to get back in touch with me.Thank You