Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

JDX320 will not move. Engagement lever is pushed in

Customer Question
JDX320 will not move....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
7/19/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! When did it last drive? Has either of the rear wheels been off? Will it roll indicating the bakes are not locked?
It's been about a month. Nothing has been touched on the mower
Yes it will roll with the rear engagement lever pulled out
The drive belt goes from the engine to the top pulley on the transmission, is this belt turning the pulley when engines running?
It doesn't appear to be. Will it still do that with the mower in park so I can get off it to look at it from behind?
http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP38/MP38373________UN07AUG06.gif
If engine is running, this belt should be moving!
It definitely is not moving
This belt should be moving , if the engine is running.
It's not
I will say that the blades do engage tho
This is the upper belt, see if it is on the pulleys
Yes it is. I did check that first thing when I first started the mower. Belt is on
Anymore suggestions?
With engine off see if you can turn the belt by hand on the engine pulley. The pulley has to be locked to the crankshaft
Yes I can move the pulley by pulling the belt.
It's stiff but I can move it
But the pulley on the crankshaft is tight
Yes. It is tight
Then the belt should be turning!
Belt does not turn when the engine is on.
As you know, I have to put it in park so I can get off the mower to look
I just had a friend sit on the mower while it was running. The crank shaft pulley is not turning
You there?
Hello?
Never mind. I fixed it
Good job! what was [problem?
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician