Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a gravely lawn mower model 992010 with kawasaki engine.

Customer Question
It dies after 15 minutes...
I have a gravely lawn mower model 992010 with kawasaki engine. It dies after 15 minutes of mowing, everytime, consistently. It will not start again until it has cooled down for 8 hours. It will sit and idle all day but as soon as I put it under load for 15 minutes it kills.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Did you guys forget about me?
Answered in 2 days by:
7/22/2015
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 3 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician
It sounds like you have an ignition problem. I believe that your ignition system is getting warm or hot within the time frame that you are running and it quits firing. The only real way to know for sure is to run it until it dies and then check for spark at the spark plug. My guess is that you will find that when the engine is warm it is not firing to the spark plug.
I will have to wait till my grass is ready to cut. I can run it all day just sitting and running with the blades engaged. It doesn't get hot enuf to shut off until I put it under a heavy load.
Just let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank You