Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a gravely lawn mower model 992010 with kawasaki engine.

Customer Question

I have a gravely lawn mower model 992010 with kawasaki engine. It dies after 15 minutes of mowing, everytime, consistently. It will not start again until it has cooled down for 8 hours. It will sit and idle all day but as soon as I put it under load for 15 minutes it kills.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you guys forget about me?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you have an ignition problem. I believe that your ignition system is getting warm or hot within the time frame that you are running and it quits firing. The only real way to know for sure is to run it until it dies and then check for spark at the spark plug. My guess is that you will find that when the engine is warm it is not firing to the spark plug.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will have to wait till my grass is ready to cut. I can run it all day just sitting and running with the blades engaged. It doesn't get hot enuf to shut off until I put it under a heavy load.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Just let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank You