Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a lesco 64 inch zero turn mower and it starts

Customer Question
for a moment sometimes but...
I have a lesco 64 inch zero turn mower and it starts for a moment sometimes but then turns off. I just got this thing so I think I don't have the fuel line turned on but I am not sure which direction is considered on. Do you know?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 4 days by:
7/22/2015
Technician: Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Fuel line shut-off usually is on when the shut-off is heading in the same direction that the fuel line are going.The most likely problem you are having is that the carburetor is restricted and plugged and you are not getting enough gas through the carburetor. You will most likely have to take the carburetor off and clean and rebuild it with a carburetor kit.Try the fuel line shut off first but if that is ok you will need to cleand and rebuild the carburetorPlease give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time. Feel free to contact me here again if you need more information.