gofastdk
gofastdk, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Small Engine Technician for over 25 years
61003911

I have put the 3rd coil on my simplicity legacy tractor. I

Customer Question

I have put the 3rd coil on my simplicity legacy tractor. I have a Mod. ch20S kohler motor, when it gets heated up while mowing it starts to miss and shuts down. wait awhile, it starts up runs maybe 10 min, shuts back down. Put another coil on good for
maby three mowings. Getting too costly.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its been over a day and I have been charged twice and still no answer.
Expert:  gofastdk replied 2 years ago.
Hello, The first thing I would check is the cooling fins on the cylinder jugs. There is a little circuit board inside those coils and extreme heat will take them out. The cooling fins need to be clear of dirt and debris so air from the flywheel can pass by to cool properly.
Expert:  gofastdk replied 2 years ago.
Also there is a wire that connects the two coils. There is a Diode in that wire so current can't flow back to the coils. Sometime Mice chew threw the wires and customers will just replace the wire not thinking or knowing about that diode in the wire.