Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an I1046. Often when I put the clutch in to release…

Customer Question
I have an I1046....
I have an I1046. Often when I put the clutch in to release the parking brake and then let it out, one of my rear drive wheels will by locked/seized up and I have to repeatedly hit the gas petal to get it free and turning again. What is going on?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
The I1046 is a Cub Cadet lawn tractor. Asked my question 2 days ago. You charged my credit card and nothing else. What a scam!!!! So much for the "just answer promise".
Answered in 1 day by:
7/16/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Sorry for late response! I just now saw the question! With the I1046, you have two transmissions. Each transmission has it's own brake. The side that the wheel locking up, has brake that is not releasing. Use some WD40 to oil the mechanical disc brake caliper and linkage. See if that do not take care of it!