Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am having a problem with this lawn tractor now. It turns

Customer Question

I am having a problem with this lawn tractor now. It turns over fine. New spark plugs, moist so I believe it is getting. Spark test to a grounded screw. I get not spark. Neither cylinder.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Locate the kill wire to the coils, and remove the wire, if you have spark, the kill circuit is grounding out the spark. Check the wire from coils all the way to the keyswitch. It can be a bad keyswitch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Curtis I am at work now and not at home where the lawn tractor is. I will have to find time to do this. I was not sure what all would be involve in it not creating a spark. I believe if I can get it to spark it will crank up okay. I have change the plugs, fuel in the cylinders. I just can't figure out what creates the spark. The ignition switch causes the engine to turn over and the battery seems to have sufficient power.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
the coils and the magnet in the flywheel is all that makes the spark!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So am I to assume that one of this kill switches of or something is killing the spark?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
kill wire or keyswitch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I just had a wiring diagram for this dam thing. You wouldn't have access to such a thing so you could copy it for me.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
What is the long model number?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
What is the engine model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cub Cadet Model

621-851

14AK13BK756
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
orry, I can't find manual or schematic that will download.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayOwnersManualList?storeId=10051&catalogId=14101&langId=-1&logoCode=01&modelNumber=13&serialNumber
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Look at the electrical here.