Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

Just was given a 20 inch Lawn Boy with Briggs-Stratton engine,it

Customer Question

Just was given a 20 inch Lawn Boy with Briggs-Stratton engine,it will not start, gas oil all good ,i don't see a primer for gas line . Am i not seeing it or is there another problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this they all don't have primers anymore, just a choke, that injects fuel into enginecheck to see if you have spark at the plug
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No icn't see any spark
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that you did not mention the ge of mower, but if your not getting spark, it is most likely the coil failed, it is located under the flywheel, will have to remove that to replaceyou a brass feeler gauge to set the air gap at .010, or a new math book cover If this helped you, Please rate my answer3 or more stars If not, please reply for more infoThank you
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi
I am just following up with you
did my answer help you
let me know