Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My JD LT160 riding mower just stopped after I got off it and

Customer Question

My JD LT160 riding mower just stopped after I got off it and won't restart. New battery..... Blade setting disengaged and parking brake set to on. Looking for ideas...
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
Does the engine turn over and the engine just won't start or doe sthe engine not turn over at all.If it DOES turn over but won't start, you could have a seat switch that is bad or the electronic ignition is bad and needs replaced.If it turns over, check the engine for spark buy taking the plug out and set it on the cylinder head. HAve someone turn the engine over and like for spark. IF no spark, then it is most likely either the seat switch or the ignition coil. IF it will not turn over. then it could be that you have a brake switch bad or a bad solenoid, or possible the ignition switch.