Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Toro Workman Model #07266 Will not start when pushing accelerator;

Customer Question
battery is good, lights work...
Toro Workman Model #07266 Will not start when pushing accelerator; battery is good, lights work. Grounds are good. Can take hot wire and go to small bolt on back side of solenoid and it will start. What is my problem?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
7/6/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Foot pedal has micro switch that has to energize the solenoid. Do you have voltage to the solenoid from the foot pedal switch? Foot switch is bad, or the solenoid is bad.
There is voltage going to foot pedal switch. Will check resistance in switch to see if switch is actually working.
Ok, thanks.
There is resistance thru the foot pedal switch so it is working properly. In process of ordering new solenoid from nearby Toro certified dealer. For future reference, your responses come across my email and I do not have to come back to this page to see your answer! Thanks for your help in this matter. What does the little black box do that is directly behind the battery? Is it a starter relay?
Not starter relay, maybe voltage regulator/