Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Poulan chainsaw 260, starter pull rope broke, need good instructions…

Customer Question
Poulan chainsaw 260, starter pull...
Poulan chainsaw 260, starter pull rope broke, need good instructions on replacing the rope need to know about rewinding into spring and how to make sure knot does not come out of wheel. Is there a instruction video or direct me to how to articles.
Rich
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/3/2015
Technician: Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Hi Rich my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. , this video here is great and even though it's not your exact saw the principles are the same . Alot of people make the mistake of removing the spring etc , don't do that , you just remove the sue cover and follow this video https://youtu.be/PsJ0sygoVBQ I also found your parts beaks own incase you hit any snags removing the cover etc http://www.ereplacementparts.com/poulan-260-pro-chainsaw-parts-c-16962_17133_202439.html