Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The mower string won't pull to start the engine. We have a…

Customer Question
The mower string won't pull...
The mower string won't pull to start the engine. We have a tb-110 push mower. husband said the blade underneath sounded funny, and then the mower cut off and won't start. any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
7/2/2015
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Hello, he may have hit a tree stump or a rock and could have bent the blade and the engine crankshaft. Twist the wire off of the spark plug and tilt the mower over-air filter side up and look for any scrapes or marks from blade hitting the deck.
i don't see any marks or scrapes
the screw seemed loose
when i tilted a lot of oil ran out of filter housing..i haven't added oil. it ran fine until i hit wet grass
A loose blade will cause the noise also.Make sure it is tight.I try to block the blade from moving by using a block of wood wedged between blade and housing.Use a piece of pipe as a breaker bar to make good and tight.