Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an issue where the mower will quit running unless I…

Customer Question
I have an issue where...
I have an issue where the mower will quit running unless I hold the ignition key in start position. I've already changed the ignition switch and checked for bad connections and cut wires.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/30/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Make of unit? ZT2200??? Gas or diesel?
Gas
Is fuel solenoid in the carburetor opening as soon as the key is turned on? Or does it only open when key is at start?
It has to stay open!
It runs all of its functions work like normal. As long as the key is in start position. From what I can see. It starts and the starter disengages the flywheel but is still spinning. And mower can run for a forever if I leave the key in start or use a bypass jumper wire.
What does the fuel soi
Solenoid look like is it the flat pump on the side of the plastic housing
Only electric part on the carburetor. Called anti-backfire solenoid, it plugs the main jet.