Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a honda 7000 IS that runs fine, starts right up , but…

Customer Question
I have a honda 7000...
I have a honda 7000 IS that runs fine, starts right up , but it doesn't idle smooth. It seems to be hunting and has a consistent up and down throttle action. What needs to be done to fix it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2015
Technician: Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Most of the time when this ha ppens, the problem is in the carburetor. There may be dirt in the idle passafes if the carburetor that is not letting enough gas into the engine on idle.You will most likely have to clean and rebuild the carburetor to get it to smooth out.Sometimes you can use a product called "Mechanic in a Bottle" to pour into the gas that will clean the carburetor enough to improve the running.This is usually available at Home Dept or some of the better Lawnmower repair shops. It is also available at Amazon.comPlease give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to continue to contact me hre if you need any more information.