Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a briggs and stratton pressure washer 8.75 hp.it runs…

Customer Question
I have a briggs and...
I have a briggs and stratton pressure washer 8.75 hp.it runs ok in fact it is brand new used it one other time.My problem is as soon as you apply water pressure it bogs down and dies,release the water pressure it runs fine,so can you help ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/29/2015
Technician: Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
The problem is usually a stuck "Unloader valve" inside the pump.This is something that you should have a profeessional tear the pump apart and see if he can get the valve unstuck.