Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Cub Cadet Z-Force s kawasaki fr651v motor runs great

Customer Question

Cub Cadet Z-Force s kawasaki fr651v motor runs great for an hour than cuts out and wont run. I have blown out gas lines fuel filter?

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! This is twin engine, so it is likely a loss of fuel to the engine. How long before it will restart? There is a fuel solenoid in the carburetor, that plugs the main jet when it closes. When engine is old, turn the key on and off and listen for the click of the fuel solenoid. Then when engine quits,listen for the click. No click, no fuel. The solenoid has to have 12 volts to stay open, so if battery voltage drops, it can close. Do you have any indication that battery voltage is dropping?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It will restart immediately but will run and misses and has no power. the solenoid and battery are good.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you going to answer?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
When it does it, do the cylinder test. Loosen the spark plug wires and remove one at a time, to see if both cylinders are firing. If engine dies when one is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark. No spark, you have a coil going out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

While waiting for reply my husband went out and blew out gas line and filter and it is running again. This has been going on for over a year with a mower that is 2 years old. One time will work fine. Next time after an hour, will cut out miss and die and has no power until lines are blown out. Will try cylinder test next time it dies. Thank you

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for reply!