Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Yamaha g2 gas golf cart the air cleaner is getting

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha g2 gas golf cart the air cleaner is getting so much oil on it that the engine can't run. i took the air filter out and it runs perfect and no oil is coming into the air cleaner what causes this and what is remedy should I just get new air filter and see if it happens again or what? thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! 2 cycle engine? Oil has to be mixed with gas or injected. Or four cycle , where oil is in the crankcase? Is oil level over full? Does oil smell of fuel? Where does the engine vent come out, most come out just before the carburetor inlet, letting oil vapors be drawn into the air filter.