Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I was wanting to know where wires 1 and B2 plug in

Customer Question
I was wanting to know...
I was wanting to know where wires B 1 and B2 plug in
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Background/Testing
I bought this generator “Onan 6.5 NHM-FA/26115H” from an RV repair shop. Per the shop, mice got into it and chewed wires behind the control panel. Prior to the mice the generator worked fine.
The shop repaired the wires and, for testing purposes, they wired a gen***** *****ght socket to the 110 breaker. When the generator was started the bulb would light up but then go back out. After that, they continued to do more troubleshooting but in the end they were unsuccessful. I purchased the generator at this stage, obviously knowing it wasn’t working. Couldn’t pass up a good deal 
I printed test sheets that you had provided in an answer to another person on this site and started testing.
1. I unplugged the voltage regulator and ohm across pins J4-9 and J4-10 reading = 24
2. Reconnected the voltage regulator and probed the back of the plug J4-7/pressed START = 6Volts
3. Probed J4-9/pressed START = 6Volts
4. Probed J4-10/pressed START = 1.8Volts
At this time in the process I noticed that the wires B1 and B2 weren’t connected to anything?
This is where I left off. What should be my next step(s)?
I forgot that I had also test the OHM on the slip rings reading = 22
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
it has been over 24 hr ?
Answered in 1 day by:
6/29/2015
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 2 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
ON your unit, the B1 and B2 should not plug in anywhere. They are used for a battery charge circuit, and are not used in an RV application.
When the unit is installed in a utility vehicle, such as a bucket truck, then the battery charge system is installed and connected.
.
Looking at a post where you tried to help on these reading should be thing 10 to 12 volts 2. Reconnected the voltage regulator and probed the back of the plug J4-7/pressed START = 6Volts
3. Probed J4-9/pressed START = 6Volts
If thats correct what should I look for ?
What are the voltage and frequency readings with no load on the genset?
.
How do I get these reading? Voltage at breaker ? Frequency ?
Measure both the voltage and frequency at the breaker, with no load on the genset.
.
Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician