Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a snapper riding mower model 103123BV 30" And I am having

Customer Question
a problem with blade engaging...
I have a snapper riding mower model 103123BV 30" And I am having a problem with blade engaging to cut grass. Just had blade sharpened but now belt looks too loose. What do I need to do to fix this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Model number is *****
6/27/2015
Technician: Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
First check the idler pulley next to the belt at the center of the mower. See if the belt is on the idler pulley.Them make sure that the belt is on the pulley on the mower deck and also on the engine. The belt could have come off.It everything is ok there, then you most likely have a stretched belt that will need to be replaced.Let me know what you find and I will be glad to help further if needed.Don't forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.
It is on all three pulleys- can it not be tightened?
How do you check to be sure belt is tight enough?
Belt should be tight enough that you can only deflect it with your fingers about an inch.
The belt should be able to be tightened from the center if this is a rear engine rider. There is a clamp that holds the frame tube together under the seat. Loosent the bolt that holds the clamp and pull the frame tube to tighten the belt. There should be spacers that go on there adn you sill need to get one more of these spacers from a snapper dealer.
Did you put a new belt on it? Were you sure that it was the correct belt if you did?
Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.
Feel free to continue talking with me if you need more information.
Ranwell1
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician