Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Curtis. I'm having a little trouble with my mower not

Customer Question

Hi, Curtis. I'm having a little trouble with my mower not starting. It won't even turn over.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
If it won't turn over, then it is one of three tings.1. Someone turned the mower on it's side and the has been oil that got into the piston and cylinder. Take the spark plug out and then try to turn the mower over to push the oil out of it. Then clean the spark plug and try to start it again.2. There might be grass trapped beterrn the blade and the mower deck...holding the blade and shaft tight. Tip the mower so that the front wheels are off the ground (DO NOT TURN ON IT"S SIDE) and check for grass or a sticc or a rock between the blade and the mower deck.3. The engine may have been run without enough oil and the rngine may be locked up. In this case the engine is locked up and needs to be replaced. Check the oil and see if it has the proper amount of oil in it. Please let me know what you find.Pleae give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.