Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Sears lawn tractor, PTY 9000, model###-##-#### ***** no.

Customer Question
1C040H60280 Problem: While cutting the lawn...
Sears lawn tractor, PTY 9000, model###-##-#### ***** no. 1C040H60280
Problem: While cutting the lawn, the blades quit turning, engine still running fine. I checked
the belt and it fine.
1) Called Sears parts department and they sold me a new PTO switch, installed new switch
and still no engagement of blades. Need some help!!
JP
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/27/2015
Technician: Rex L., Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
You need to check and see if you are getting power down to the pto. you should be able to sit in the seat and turn key just to the run posistion and then turn on pto and see if you here the pto clicking. If you don't you will have to check the wire at the pto and see if it has power going to it at the pto. If it does your going to need a new pto. Always check for any fuses in the system most likely under the dash to make sure there is not a blown fuse.

The PTO has several wires, without a wiring diagram, one cannot tell which is power in and power out. As I said in the beginning, I've already

replaced the PTO with new one and no blades turning. There are no. fuses that I could locate. Do you h

you said you have replaced the pto switch not the pto itself. That is where you need to check for power.

Where is the PTO?

Pto is located underneath on the engine crankshaft.

Checked power to the electric clutch on the PTO, it has power - looks like I need a new electric clutch??

Probably so. You can check clutch with and OHM meter on the two prongs and it should be 4-6 ohms if different it is bad.
Just wondering if you got it fixed.

Please rate my response.