Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My ego F2188 turns over good and has spark it look like its

Customer Question

My ego F2188 turns over good and has spark it look like its getting gas it pop every now an then but don't start. It is 2cycle an how does the oil pump work should it be pumping oil when the engine is turning over? The serial is 483093 an f-2188 I think that it is a 1988 model but I don't know what the 21 means thank you. JW
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Oil is injected by the oil pump mounted on the front of the engine, It puts out a very small amount, do not expect to see it pump out when cranking! I would run a compression test on the engine! If you find pressure is low, below 60 psi, you either have a bad head gasket, or a piston and rings that have worn in the cylinder. At that point, better t pull the engine than try to repair in the frame.