Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Put in new batteries in my ezgo txt 36V elec golf cart pulled

Customer Question

put in new batteries in my ezgo txt 36V elec golf cart pulled it to test got about 30' and everything stopped. Press the foot pedal and the solenoid does click. Any ideas on what it could be?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Does the charger come on when attached to cart? Do you have a voltmeter to test with? Look for loose or bad cables and connections.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the charger does come on and the lights work fine. I did have a lot of corrosion on some of the cables from the old batteries but I did clean them. I do have a voltmeter
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I would check the cables and each connection, get a hold on them and pull , to see if the connection is solid. Looking for corroded cables. Next I would want to bypass the solenoid to see if cart will run with solenoid bypasses. Or remove one side of the cables on the solenoid and check continuity across the solenoid when you press the pedal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how would I bypass the solenoid? What do you mean by or what do I do to check continuity?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
To bypass you would have to use a jumper cable from one set of the bales to the opposite side. To test continuity, you have to remove cables from one side, set meter on OHMS scale, leads on the cable terminals,press the pedal and when you press the pedal, the read the meter,the contacts should close and the meter should read continuity, if the solenoid is closing and is good.