Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I'm chuck. I have a 91 club car intermitten non start

Customer Question
Hi I'm chuck. I have a...
Hi I'm chuck.
I have a 91 club car
intermitten non start
I can hear the switch clicking press peddle 3-4-5ntimes it will go Any idea?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/24/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I will assume this is gas cart? The foot switch has to close the starter solenoid. Either foot micro switch is bad, or the solenoid is bad. Do you have a test light or voltmeter to check for battery voltage to the switch wire in the solenoid? When you press the pedal, there should be 12 volts to the switch wire (small wire) on the solenoid. No voltage, the foot switch is bad, has voltage, the solenoid is bad.