Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Airens 42" riding lawnmower. In gear the unit will not

Customer Question

I have a Airens 42" riding lawnmower. In gear the unit will not move, in neutral it will. However, when I turn it own to mow, it will not move forwards or backwards. Just before it stopped working it felt like the gear shift was little tougher to move then I noticed other times. I got a small part of my backyard mowed before it stopped moving. The unit is five years old
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will do my best to assist you with your question. Many times when this problem occurs, the first thing to check is your drive belt. Check your drive belt, to see if it is loose, broken, or slipping. Also, check to see if your belt has come off of one of your pulleys. We can continue from here. Thanks!