Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

What does the end of the spring extension connect to on a troy…

Customer Question
what does the end of...
what does the end of the spring extension connect to on a troy bilt lawnmower
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/20/2015
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Good morning. My name is***** you have the full model numbers for your mower? I need to confirm which spring you are referring to. Thanks!
ok it just says a Model Series 260 Troy Bilt Self Propelled Mower, and it's a Spring Extension .40DX2.5 is this enough information I
it goes near the wheel. But not sure where on the wheel.
Found it! model # ***** Serial # *****
Thanks for information. I do apologize for the delay in responding to you. I pulled up a parts list to identify your spring. I have several service manuals, but I do not have one that covers your mower.
If you like, I can opt out, to see if someone else has a service manual or image that shows where to attach the other end of your spring.