Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I replaced the mower drive belt because the mower slowed going…

Customer Question
I replaced the mower drive...
I replaced the mower drive belt because the mower slowed going up inclines or would stop. Still having the same issues after replacement . It is a Simplicity Regent series 24 horse 50 " deck
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/20/2015
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you with your question. Does your transaxle work as it should on level grounds? Double check to make sure that your new drive belt is tight enough, and is not slipping. Check your engine pulley for wear on the running surface, inside the v of your upper pulley. If this pulley is worn, your belt will go deeper into the pulley, and can slip under load. Also check your bypass/roll lever to make sure it is fully releasing. Check for a build up of dirt or debris on top of your transaxle. We can continue from here. Thanks!