Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Ride on Mower has started to lose power, initially when

Customer Question

My Ride on Mower has started to lose power, initially when traveling uphill, buy now it is happening more often
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Model number of the engine? Twin or single cylinder? If twin, run a cylinder test. Loosen the spark plug wires, and with the engine idling, remove one wire at a time. If engine dies when a wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. You would want to check it for spark, and compression.