Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

When I go to turn the mower handle on , on my toro wheel horse

Customer Question

When I go to turn the mower handle on , on my toro wheel horse 416, if I put it all the way down it completely turns the whole tractor off ,if it is held at a certain position it works, but you have to hold it. Please tell me what is wrong
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
This is a safety switch problem. Most likely a seat switch that is not working.
The seat switch is telling the engine that nobody is sitting on the seat.
You can test this by putting a jumper wire between the two wires that plug into the seat switch ad see if it fixes the problem. Do not leave it that way as it can be dangerous, but it will let you know what is wrong.
Please let me know what you find and please give me a good rating as this is the only way I get paid for my time by the site.