Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My name is***** have a John Deere LA110. I am the

Customer Question
Hello. My name is***** have...
Hello. My name is***** have a John Deere LA110. I am the original owner of it.I had been mowing with it and tried to make a small incline with it and suddenly it died. After pushing back home I started looking it over. I checked the oil and added a little. I checked the fuel filter, which was still new. I changed the spark plug.Before I replaced it in the engine, I put a littlte fuel on the plug to see if it were actually the plug or the fuel. It did not spark. The starter kicks off just fine, spinning the fly wheel.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/15/2015
Technician: Rex L., Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
If your not getting any spark and the engine is cranking over just fine then most likely the coil went bad. It located under the engine shroud by the flywheel. You can take the small wire off the coil after you take top off engine and see if it will spark then. If you still don't get spark then it is the coil.
Rex L.
Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician