Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

When i engage my mower deck the lawnmower kills also now when…

Customer Question
when i engage my mower...
when i engage my mower deck the lawnmower kills also now when i rise off the seat the machine does not shut off
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/15/2015
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
If you release your brake pedal, to drive your mower, will your engine shut off, or only when you attempt to engage your blades? What are the model numbers for your mower?
I can drive the mower but can't engage blade itwill shut of it is a troy bilt co horse
Xp horse
Thank you for this information. There are some numbers under your seat, I will need in order to pull up your mower.
13wx79kt066. 1c262b50118
Thank you. I will pull up a wiring diagram.
Check your seat safety switch, and the wiring connector that attaches to it. Your kill circuit originates at your seat safety switch, then goes in and out of your pto safety switch, then to your ignition coil to shut your engine down.
If the circuit in your seat safety switch does not open, when you are sitting on your seat, then your engine will shut down when you attempt to engage your blades.
Ok will check tommorow thanks
Very good! I will attach an image for you, if you can give me just a minute.
Thanks
I have outlined it for you. Notice that, in order for your engine to shut off, when you attempt to engage your blades, your seat switch must close your ground path.
This means that you have a faulty seat safety switch, a faulty seat safety switch connector, or a shorted wire, leading to your pto safety switch.