Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Subaru EA190V 2700 PSI pressure washer that won't…

Customer Question
I have a Subaru EA190V...
I have a Subaru EA190V 2700 PSI pressure washer that won't start. It has only been used three times. I have the fuel in the horizontal position, switch on, and choke pushed in as engine labeling shows. Gas is full and it has oil. I have tried 100 times and it wont start.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/15/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Remove the spark plug and with it grounded, see if you have spark. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start for a few seconds. If it starts and dies, remove the carburetor float bowl and clean it. It may have water in it, pressure washers always seem to get water in the carburetor!