Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need advise with my Quest Ztr mower.

Customer Question
I need advise with my Quest Ztr mower.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Advice.
Engine turns off when parking brake disengaged. Engine turns off
When PTO is engaged.
6/13/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The mower thinks there is no operator! Check the seat switch and the other safety switches. Usually the seat switch or the harness to it is the reason.
Sensor is operational. Also cannot
push the mower by hand. It seems frozen even after releasing the pull
Rods on the back.
You say it turns off when you engage the blades. Will it drive without blades on? Brakes not locked?
The moment I bring the handles in the engine shuts off. Can't drive it at all.
Do you have a volt/ohm meter to check each of the switches? Need to see if they are opening and closing. Seat, arms, and brake , all need to be checked. One switch will break the circuit and kill the engine.