Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a skag turf tiger zero turn . just replaced motor on

Customer Question

I have a skag turf tiger zero turn . just replaced motor on it and now the pto clutch will not engage. It is pulling amps and sparked, but that is it. Now, before replacing motor the clutch was giving me some issues. while mowing if i turned blades off to get off mower than get back on, blades would not engage. I had to pull the throttle back to idol then blades would engage. So thinking that i need a new pto clutch I installed new one and it will not engage either. Just sparks and will not engage. Any Ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Pto clutch requires only a positive and a negative to engage. You say it sparks? That sounds like two positives are going to the clutch! If the magnet engages the armature on the clutch, the clutch is wired correctly. If it is, do you have the key in the clutch to crankshaft connection? With engine off, key on and pto switch on, can you move the mower drive belt, it should be tight and not move.