Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an lt 133 that's getting too much gas

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/12/2015
Technician: Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. What are the symptoms is gas coming out of the carb , or mixing with the oil ?

Gas is coming out of carb also exhaust some times

Ok , the problem is the carburetor, the needle is not sealing with the inlet valve therefore gas is bypassing it and getting down into the crankcase and mixing with the oil. If you check the oil it will be thin and smell like gas , do not try to start it until it's fixed because it runs the risk of breaking the connecting rod or locking the motor up . To fix it the carburetor has to be removed, remove the needle, pin, float etc , you will also have to remove the brass pressed in inlet valve ( as these are the problem most times) . Then install a new inlet valve ,needle and pin , while the carburetor is off change the oil and oil filter if you have one .