Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Rzt50 briggs eng. died an wont start installed new fuel filter

Customer Question

rzt50 briggs eng. died an wont start installed new fuel filter ,fuel pump,plug,wont pick up fuel runs if fuel put in carb. but only a min. pls. help thank you
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! If you remove the fuel line from the fuel filter, can you blow into the tank? Will fuel come out when you quit blowing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I blew compressed air thru line both ways
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took line out of tank an checked air coming out an I didn't blow air thru new filter an line to tank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i think i know whats the matter fuel pump is installed backwards
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Fuel pump has to have the P pulse line attached to the crankcase , or rocker cover. If you hold finger over this line, do you feel the pulse from the engine when cranking? This is hat has to work the diaphragm in the fuel pump to get it to pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it was installed properly an if air is put into tank it pushes fuel into carb an it starts but only for a min.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
So it has fuel to carburetor. Is the solenoid in the carburetor opening as soon as the key is turned on? It has to have 12 volts as soon as the key is turned on!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will have to check that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it does have power 12v
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if i pressureise fuel tank it will start but will not keep running
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the fuel cap has open vent i checked that
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
If you removal the fuel line at the carburetor, does the fuel pump put out 1/4 cup in 15 seconds. Did you heck the pulse line to see if there was pressure from the engine?