Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a LT 1045 that keeps blowing 20 amp fuse?

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have yet to hear the answer to my question
I am not the least satisfied with this have already charged my credit card and still no answer.
I also left a phone number to keep from going through this.
6/9/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!When does fuse blow? As soon as key is turned on? Or when the key is turned to start? If when the key is turned on, unplug the voltage regulator and test again. If not regulator, unplug the solenoid in the base of the carburetor and test again
After mower has been running, one time the blades quit then the fuse blew, one time just after it was turned off went to start again and fuse was blown.
That sounds like a voltage regulator problem, does the charging system seem to keep the battery fully charged?
It has been charging fine.
Blowing fuse while running, is always hard to diagnose, but I would try replacing the voltage regulator, It has diodes in it and if diode is bad, it will short out , and blow fuse when running. Also check the wiring to the light, you could have a short in them.
There was a blown light bulb so I disconnected light socket after which it blew another fuse.
Check the light wiring for any damage or bare spot that would short out the wire.