Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

RZT 42 was running and suddenly the engine stopped running.

Customer Question

RZT 42 was running and suddenly the engine stopped running. The engine will crank over. The plug is firing and there is fuel getting to the engine. The day before I know the PTO button when I pulled it up it did not engage. I pushed it in and out a couple of times and then the PTO engaged. Seemed to work fine after that one incident. But yesterday is when the engine stopped running and now will not start. Didn't know if the PTO button could be related to the problem.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! On the carburetor will be a fuel solenoid, This solenoid has to have 12 volts, and has to open the fuel passage as soon as the key is turned on. See if it is opening, if not, you get no fuel to the cylinders.