Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I Have a 07 Honda 420 Rancher And Every Time I Turn The Ignition…

Customer Question
I Have a 07 Honda...
I Have a 07 Honda 420 Rancher And Every Time I Turn The Ignition Key on The Ignition Fuse Keeps Blowing And Has no Spark When I Jump it The Igition Coil Starter Soilind Batts. Are All Is it The Rectifier or the ignition Key Causing This Problem Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/8/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! When you turn on the key, it energizes circuit for ignition as well as the charging system. Have you checked the voltage regulator? And you have no bare wires in the harness behind the keyswitch? I doubt the keyswitch itself would be shorted.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician