Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have replaced diaphram and fuel filter, engine starts but

Customer Question

I have replaced diaphram and fuel filter, engine starts but does not run?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. With the older saw carburetors that are walbro or zama most have what they call a Welch plug . It has air passages running to it from the high and low air mixture screws or some older carbs has just one screw . Most likely you need to remove that screw and Welch plug and spray it all out the only problem is to install the new Welch plug is its pressed in , so you would need the tool they make to get the new one pressed in . Also did you he place the fuel screen in the carburetor?, if not I would remove the carburetor, remove the gaskets etc and the air mixture screws needle etc and spray it out with carburetor cleaner if that doesn't work you may have to completely rebuild it