Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Just bought a Cub Cadet xt1 42". It has the mulch kit installed…

Customer Question
Just bought a Cub Cadet...
Just bought a Cub Cadet xt1 42". It has the mulch kit installed but the discharge chute is still on. The discharge chute makes the thing wider and hard to trim on the right side. I want to take it off. Can you tell me how?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/8/2015
Technician: Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician replied 3 years ago
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
I suggest that you just take a rubber tye-down strap and have it hold the chute in the up position. This unit does not usually mulch very well and you will most likely want to take the mulcher off in the near future.
Most of these have a couple of bolts that hold the chute assemble on. They come up form the underside.
Some of them have a spring that holds it on and you have to take the spring off first before you can take that rod out.
I do not remember exactly which one your model has.