Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kawasaki FH601V twin 19hp I have spark compression is 120 in both cylend

Customer Question

I have a Kawasaki FH601V twin 19hp I have spark compression is 120 in both cylenders valve adjustment at .010 Tried different plugs coil gap .010. Moved coils can't get engine to run correct Seems to run on only one cyl. Any ideas. Engine has 700 hours fuel issue?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you! Have you ran a cylinder test to see if one cylinder is all the problem? Loosen the spark plug wires and remove one at a time. If engine dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. That will tell where to concentrate the effort. Lets start there.