Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My zts 7500 starts but when I pull the stearing bars in

Customer Question

Hi my zts 7500 starts but when I pull the stearing bars in it shuts off, how do I fix this please? Thanks Tom
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a volt/ohm meter to check the arm switches? Also the seat switch can cause this. Start by looking at the switches and the harness to each one. Switch has to make contact and spring back when not pressed. Switch may be hung! Try spraying all the arm switches with WD40 and work them by hand to see if they are sticking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The switches pop out when I pull the handles in but when I got off mower to check them it was still running. So it must be the pressure switch under the seat. Don't have a volt/ohm meter but will buy one. What should it read?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
If it is two wire switch, try bypassing it. To check it you just need to see if the continuity changes when the switch is pressed. from open to closed, or closed to open. If it changes, it is good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thank you

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you! Please rate and accept to close the question.